22 July 2017

At least I didn't admit this publicy where anyone could see it

It started on the testers.io slack. Heather Reid was saying how great it is that she is talking to her developers asking "So what do you want to see from testing?" and getting well thought out and useful answers. I wondered what I'd have said had I been asked, which led to this:
and then this:
The original version of the post was going to be me working through just that, but I had an epiphany whilst writing it and I know full well why I can't articulate it. It is because I don't wish to admit to the stupid (and I use the dictionary meaning here, i.e. lacking in intelligence or common sense) reason as to why I don't want anything from a tester.

It is simply, I'm big-headed and think I don't need the help of a tester because I was/am one.

Not only is this incredibly insulting to my friends and colleagues (to whom I apologise unreservedly), it is demonstrably false (even in the short time I've been developing, our testers has saved me from putting out bugs).

How could I possibly think that?

I believe it is because I don't like not being able to do things. Because I don't like to admit I can't do all the things I used to, I stubbornly try and do all the things I used to. And so, because I used to be a tester, I therefore don't need a tester.

So Angie, the barrier?


I'm a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment